Today’s smart technology has made it much easier for seniors to remain independent and self-sufficient. Previously, seniors living alone had a limited number of resources when trying to
Get Your Home In Shape for Showing
Dated: July 23 2019
Homes that have been well-maintained and convey pride of ownership appeal to perceptive, motivated buyers. Below are some simple steps you can take to ensure your home is in "show shape" when you are ready to sell.
- Clean or replace carpets and/or other flooring, such as vinyl or hardwoods.
- Wash the windows and window coverings.
- Clean the kitchen and baths until they sparkle.
- Clear and pack away clutter and sell or store excess furniture.
- Clean your closets--extra storage space helps sell homes.
- Paint or touch up any rooms that need it. Use neutral colors, which have more universal appeal.
- Take down family pictures and other personal decorations. The more your house looks like your home, the harder it is for buyers to imagine themselves living there.
- Clean the basement and garage. Neatly stack and store boxes.
Your home's cleanliness and appeal create an unconscious impression. That impression can determine the likelihood of an offer.
I'd be happy to stop by and offer you specific suggestions to help you stage your home for sale. This is the time for minor adjustments, not a major remodel. Please call or email me with any questions. Perhaps I can save you some time and money.
Born and raised in Winter Garden, Ariel Ivey currently resides in Windermere. A through and through Florida native, she is a rare gem amongst her peers. She has witnessed the tremendous growth of the ....
Latest Blog Posts
Many online buyers will call a lender while they're looking to seek information about financing. In the process, they become "pre-qualified". That gives them a good idea of what they can afford, or